Monday, January 4, 2010

The Lupron is easy now that I've given up on the quick jab. Ryan says he will give me the Progesterone shots when it is time. I don't know if I want to do that one myself or not. It's a big needle into the muscle of the upper buttocks.

I've been reading other ladies' stories about the Progesterone shots looking for tips. General consensus is
1. Warm the oil;
2. Relax the muscle (sit or lay down);
3. Quick jab;
4. SLOWLY inject over approx 30sec or more;
5. Warm compress and massage for 15min+.

One lady pressed the needle in slowly (instead of the jab) and claims it saved her from the typical bruising, swelling, and lumps. Extra long massaging after the injection may help avoid lumps, and doing the shot in the morning (rather than before bed) may also help with soreness.

The Progesterone doesn't start for another 2.5 weeks, but I think I have to take it daily for about 12 weeks! So I'm definately concerned about how to best preserve my comfort!

My next appointment is this Thursday for ultrasound and check blood levels. If all is as it should be I'll be starting Delestrogen twice a week (injection) and reducing the Lupron dosage by 50%.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are requesting a response from me, please include your email address in your comment!