Friday, January 22, 2010

Five Days!

I had a wonderful dinner with my IPs last night at a very nice La Jolla restaurant, Trulucks. I had a very good jumbo shrimp platter which came with a MOUNTAIN of fries! We talked about family and work, school systems (U.S. vs. Germany), and laughed about how many dirty dishes men create when they're making dinner! :-) They also brought gifts from the Alps! I would never have picked an orange sweatshirt for myself, but my IM thought it would suit me, and I'll be honest, she was right, it really looks GREAT on me! And my husband will love it; he's always trying to get me to wear orange or yellow. I'll try to get a picture of all of us posted later today.

Medications: Yesterday I stopped Lupron and had my Thursday injection of Delestrogen. Today I will have Prenatal, Baby Aspirin, Doxycycline, Medrol, Prometrium, and Progesterone injection in the evening. These meds continue daily for the next 5 days with the addition of Delestrogen again on Monday.

I'm really looking forward to my upcoming 3 days of bedrest. As a mother of 3 young children, I welcome the excuse to sleep in, watch movies, read a book (how long has it been since I read a book that wasn't about Parenting?), let someone else do the cooking, the cleaning, and entertain the kids. :-)

Today is the egg retrieval AND fertilization. There are 14 eggs to be harvested. Let's hope that we get several good 5-day embyos for Wednesday. We will want to have extras to freeze just in case we need to try again a second time. Think happy thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, can't wait to hear how many you have to work with! I'll be right behind you on Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are requesting a response from me, please include your email address in your comment!