Saturday, January 16, 2010

Prescriptions

When I was at the doctor's office last Thursday a nurse reminded me to always check my prescription expiration date, just in case. I wouldn't normally think to do so. Today I reached for a new bottle of Baby Aspirin and noticed the pill description at the bottom of the label "Yellow, round, tablet, imprinted with L." Well the pills are yellow, round tablets, but they are imprinted with PH! Clearly the pharmacy has made a mistake here! I watched an episode of House recently where there was a pill mix-up just like this... same pill description but the marking was different... the patient nearly DIED, but that's how it always is on House. :-) I checked an online pill database (because my pharmacy is not answering their phone today - CLOSED I suppose) and this pill IS a baby aspirin. So all is well. But I'll be calling the pharmacy on Monday to let them know of the discrepancy between label and actual pill markings.


Enteric Coated Aspirin Tablet - 81mg Tablet

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are requesting a response from me, please include your email address in your comment!