Friday, September 3, 2010

20 weeks

We are 20 weeks along now and I'm measuring right around 20-21 weeks (fundal height is at my belly button or just above). Tomorrow morning I have an appointment with an ultrasound tech for a long ultrasound, followed by a Wednesday appointment with Dr. Biter to review the scans.

I've reached that point in pregnancy when my abdominal muscles don't have enough leverage to bring my body from lying down to sitting up without rolling sideways and using an elbow to push up. I've started doing squat exercises because I know that sooner or later I'll be too heavy to lift myself from the floor to standing without help. I'm hoping that with muscle-strengthening exercise I'll be able to postpone the inevitable. :-)

It may seem like pregnancy brings about so many difficulties that it can't possibly be enjoyable -- I celebrate all these pregnancy changes because they are all part of the experience of growing a little miracle, or in this case... 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are requesting a response from me, please include your email address in your comment!