Saturday, November 27, 2010

Got Heartburn? .....I don't! :-)

I thought I would be terribly uncomfortable by now.... not so! Of course, there's still time. ;-)

With each of my pregnancies I've had terrible terrible heartburn all through the third trimester. With the twins this began mid-second trimester. BUT.... I've had only occasional heartburn in the last several weeks.

The difference? I think it's my diet. I've cut out most of my wheat-based foods (bread, biscuits, muffins) and replaced them with vegetables. I also cut down my refined sugar intake and replaced those cravings with handfuls of plain raw nuts (cashews, walnuts, almonds). In addition to eliminating heartburn my improved diet has corrected my long-term problem with constipation.

Yes, I'm happy to announce I now poop once or even twice a day. :-) And we thought that constipation was a guaranteed product of pregnancy.... I think it's a product of the American diet which is way too high in refined carbohydrates and refined sugars.

Got heartburn? Constipation? Read up on the hunter-gatherer diet and try it for a week.

1 comment:

  1. Are you jinxing yourself with this post? LOL

    I'm glad you're doing well . . . for my last trimester, even grapes would give me heartburn!

    ReplyDelete

If you are requesting a response from me, please include your email address in your comment!