Friday, December 18, 2009

It Begins...

I have been matched with a loving couple in Germany who have been unsuccessful in fulfilling their dream of parenthood. I've completed the medical screenings and the psych tests, and have started my first set of medications to suppress my own ovulation and start building up a nice cozy uterine environment for their baby. :-)

My next appointment at La Jolla IVF is on Wednesday, December 23rd, when I will have a sonogram, blood work (I think), and a lesson on my first injectable medication which will be once daily. If all goes according to schedule, I will receive two 5-day blastocysts on January 28th, 2010. Transfer of two blastocysts makes for very high odds of a successful implantation on the first try, but also a possibility of twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are requesting a response from me, please include your email address in your comment!