Monday, December 28, 2009

5 Down! So many more to go....

I've now given myself 5 injections of Lupron, and although I know the tiny needle is not going to be painful I still have a hard time sticking it in. Makes me wonder how addicts are able to get hooked on needle drugs. Must be the peer pressure to try it?

I did have some cramping yesterday which I've read is somewhat common a few days into the Lupron cycle. The discomfort only lasted about an hour, so I'm not concerned.

My last birth control pill was on Saturday and I can expect my flow to begin soon - the last one for 9 months! The birth control is used to suppress ovulation before beginning Lupron. Otherwise, Lupron would stimulate multiple ovulation before it goes into suppression. Multiple eggs = Bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are requesting a response from me, please include your email address in your comment!